Once you’ve had a taste of Royal Caribbean cruises, you develop a craving for more – and that’s when it really pays to be a member of their Crown and Anchor Society Loyalty Program.
It’s their way of rewarding loyal customers, and it certainly comes with some great perks.
And it’s ridiculously easy to become a member. All you have to do is spend 3 nights on a cruise with them, and you will be automatically enrolled AND attain Gold level membership.
And it does not stop there. The membership then moves to platinum, followed by emerald, then diamond, diamond plus, and finally pinnacle club. So there are 6 different levels to aspire to and benefit from.
In this article, we will cover all of the benefits and perks of each level of membership.
By the end of the article, you will be able to see the true value of membership, and figure out what level of membership you may be able to obtain.
But first let’s start with the basics…
How Does The Royal Caribbean Crown And Anchor Society Loyalty Program Work?
Working your way up the ladder to all the different levels of membership available is a breeze if you have the budget for it.
You only have to be on board for 3 nights in order to be automatically enrolled onto the system and start at the first tier, which is gold membership.
Remain aboard for a calendar month, or 30 nights, and you can attain platinum membership.
Stay on board for 55 nights (just under 8 weeks) and you attain emerald level membership, 80 nights for diamond, 175 nights for diamond plus, and at a much higher level there are 700 nights for pinnacle level membership.
The benefits of membership fall into 3 main categories, namely exclusive savings, onboard rewards, and benefits on land.
The benefits on land are largely kept under wraps, and customers are encouraged to contact Royal Caribbean cruises over the phone to find out more.
However, it is clear that Royal Caribbean cruises provide branded luggage tags and exclusive access to call center staff members for those members in the uppermost levels.
Now, please allow me to walk you through the various exclusive savings and onboard rewards that are available at each of the 6 membership levels in turn…
- Crown & Anchor Exclusive Rates:
- Includes up to 25% off on close-in sailings
- Priority notice on special offers, new ships & itineraries
- Exclusive email offers
- Member newsletter
- Crown & Anchor Society Desk for membership inquiries
- Additional cruise points for purchasing suite accommodations
- Onboard Offers are preloaded to your SeaPass card and this includes:
- Discounted drinks
- Discounts on any internet package purchased
- FreePlay on Casino Royale
- 10% Discount on spa services
- 10% Discount on Royal Caribbean logo products
- 50% off Ice Cream at Ben & Jerry’s
- SURF+STREAM Internet discount equal to parents’ benefit
- Buy 1 movie rental in your stateroom and receive the second FREE
- Spend money in Arcade Credits to get money off your onboard expense account
Platinum membership rewards you with all the perks of gold level membership but with these additions as well.
- Discounts on Balcony & Suite Staterooms
- Loyalty status matching Celebrity Cruises® Captain’s Club
- Exclusive access to Top Tier events
- Robes for use onboard
- Discounts on dry-clean and wash and fold laundry bags
- 15% Discount on spa services
Emerald membership is considered halfway between Platinum and Diamond memberships. You don’t get free drinks, but there are some added benefits you will enjoy!
- The same perks as Gold and Platinum memberships
- Six free Jackpot cards when you purchase a bingo package
- $6 in Casino Royale FreePlay
- Two complimentary waters in your stateroom per person
- A signature lapel pin delivered on your next cruise
Diamond membership gets you all the benefits and perks of gold, platinum and emerald membership, but with the following additions…
- Welcome Amenity upon arrival
- Priority waiting list for Shore Excursions
- Priority waiting list for Vitality℠ Day Spa Services
- Priority waiting list for Main Dining Room
- Diamond Lounge Access (on select ships)
- Daily Happy Hour in the Diamond Lounge
- Four drinks vouchers to be used at any bar
- Complimentary daily drinks
- One free day of SURF+STREAM Internet
- Up Close & Personal with Our Entertainment Family Event
- Exclusive nightly happy hour
- Stateroom phone discount rate of $2 per minute
- Chef’s Choice in Stateroom services
- 20% Discount on spa services
Diamond Plus Membership
Diamond Plus membership has a lot in common with diamond membership, but it does have some nice extras, which are as follows…
- Priority access to seating in entertainment venues (Theater, Ice show
- and AquaTheater events) up to 45 minutes prior to showtime
- Bonus perks for Members with 340 or more cruise points, including the cheers with an officer and lunch event, and upgraded bathroom amenities, and a personalized gift
- 2 One free days of SURF+STREAM Internet
- Buy any specialty restaurant dinner (on the first or second night of your cruise) and receive complimentary dining for second guest
- 30% Discount on Deluxe Beverage Packages
- Exclusive access to Diamond Plus & Pinnacle Club Call Center staff members
- A complimentary photo of any size from your existing printed photograph selection
- 10% off a Digital Photo Package or Photobook
Pinnacle membership meanwhile grants you all of the benefits and perks of diamond plus membership, but with more besides, which are as follows…
- Exclusive email offers including access to their weekly Crown & Anchor® Preview Sale
- Complimentary 7-night cruise in a Balcony stateroom
- A personalized lapel pin for the Pinnacle Club
- Personalized Pinnacle Club SeaPass Card with Exclusive Privileges
- Flexible Arrival
- 40% Discount on Deluxe Beverage Packages
- Coastal Kitchen access
- Daily breakfast at a specialty restaurant
- Suite/Concierge Lounge access
- Complimentary add-on spa treatment
- Milestone Cruise Certificate
And there you have it, everything you need to know about the Royal Caribbean Crown and Anchor Society loyalty programs!
We hope this has helped you narrow down your choices and pick the program and membership level that best suits your needs.
The next time you jump on a cruise, you can expect the VIP treatment!
Frequently Asked Questions
In order to be able to enroll in the program, you can email the Loyalty team at firstname.lastname@example.org to register.
This will also enable you to have previous cruises registered on the system, so that you can have your cruise points updated. For this you will need the ship name, the cruise dates, and your reservation number.
Alternatively, when you create an account with Royal Caribbean online, you can opt in to the program.
When you sign in to your Crown & Anchor Society account, the screen will show your account dashboard, which automatically displays your loyalty points, status, past cruises, and benefits on your account.
Unfortunately, it can take up to 30 days from the end of a cruise for the records to be updated and have your total cruise points added to your membership account.
So what this means is that sometimes if your number of nights stayed reaches the threshold for a new membership tier, the benefits will not be immediately available, and you will have to wait for your next cruise to reap the benefits.
Yes they do, the Royal Caribbean Ltd brands that have reciprocal loyalty programs are Royal Caribbean International and Celebrity Cruises.
Although your Crown and Anchor Society membership information is already loaded on your SeaPass® card, by wearing your Crown and Anchor Society lapel pin, the onboard staff will be able to recognize you as a returning guest and provide the level of service that you have come to expect.
- The 10 Most Dog Friendly Hotels in Glasgow: A Comprehensive Guide for Pet Parents - September 29, 2023
- The 8 Best Dog Friendly Hotels In Liverpool For You And Your Dog - September 25, 2023
- The 8 Best Dog Friendly Hotels In Weymouth For Your Coastal Trip - September 23, 2023